Maybe you find yourself thinking, I just don’t eat enough grubs.
Maybe you think your day could be improved by yes, more grubs, and lazy stretches in a wide meadow full of soft, long grass.
Deep down, you’ve always wanted to be a badger, haven’t you?
The good news is: Shimmer would love to add a couple more badgers to our dedicated team (why badgers?! ). Your dream of being a badger can come true.
Shimmer is a semiprozine, raised in the wild meadows and skies of a planet called Earth, hand-rolled and assembled by free-range badgers. If you would like to be a first reader for Shimmer (helping us read incoming fiction submissions), we would love to hear from you. The ideal badger will be able to:
- Dedicate 5-6 hours per week to read incoming stories;
- Advocate for the stories they love;
- Come to understand what makes a story Shimmery.
If you want to be a reader for Shimmer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with TEAM BADGER in your subject line. We’ll get back to you with details on How to Be a Badger. We’re taking emails from August 15 to August 20th. The following week, the 21st to the 27th, we’ll choose badgers.
- Don’t self reject.
- If you are a person of color, we would love to hear from you.
- If you identify as non-binary or LBGTQIA, we would love to hear from you.
- If you have ever wanted to read slush, we would love to hear from you.
- If you are a writer who wants to read slush to improve their craft, we would love to hear from you.
- Don’t self reject.
- We would like to add at least two readers this time around; we will be taking applications this week (August 15th-20th), and making decisions next week (August 21st-27th). We reopen to submissions on September 3rd.
- If we have published you, it’s still okay to apply, but once you’re a badger, you cannot submit stories to Shimmer for consideration.
- Don’t self reject. If you want to read slush, we want to hear from you.
- This is a volunteer gig for everyone, however readers will receive a subscription to Shimmer.
Wanna be a badger? You know what to do!
If you have questions, feel free to ask Elise (@ecthetwit) or Sophie (@sayitwhirly) on the Twitters!